Article 1 (Purpose)
1. The FUKUYAMA MASAHARU OFFICIAL WORLD FANCLUB BROS.+ (hereinafter, "Club") consists of members living outside Japan supporting Masaharu Fukuyama. The Club's purpose is to support Masaharu Fukuyama.
Article 2 (Membership)
1. In this TOU, "member" is defined as an individual who has agreed to the TOU, applied for membership as stipulated by the Club, and has been approved to become a member. An individual's application for membership can be rejected at the Club's discretion.
2. Any false information provided to become a member cannot be accepted.
3. Each member shall be registered under only one name. (Multiple members cannot be registered under a single name.)
4. If a member has duplicate memberships (paid membership fees in duplicate), there will be no refund for the duplicate fees.
5. The member shall remit a year's worth of membership fees and related taxes with a single payment.
6. A membership shall be valid for one year from the month the membership application is approved.
7. If there is any change in the member's registered information, the member shall promptly follow the stipulated procedure to update the information. The member himself or herself is to contact the Club as specified in the TOU. The member's date of birth and name (other than the last name) cannot be changed under any circumstances. If the member neglects to update the registered information and as a result the member fails to receive notifications from the Club or misses out on receiving members' benefits or services, the Club shall not be held responsible. The member is to contact the Club via the specified contact address.
8. Members shall be entitled to receive the Club's membership benefits. To receive membership benefits, the member must be able to use the Internet on a computer or mobile device.
9. The member shall be responsible to safely manage the membership number, password, etc., issued by the Club.
10. To members, the Club will send necessary information via email, the Club's official website operated by Amuse, and other methods decided by the Club. The Club shall not be held responsible if the member cannot receive membership benefits or receives information too late because the member does not use a computer or access the Internet.
11. When members receive priority to buy advance tickets, it will be done via a drawing. Since applying for such tickets may be limited depending on the venue or event, buying a ticket might not be possible for all members. Also, priority tickets for members might not be available for all performances and events.
12. At the performance venue, Amuse or the entrusted party may ask the member to show an ID (passport, etc.). If the member does not comply or if the member's registered name is different from the ID, the member may be refused entry to the venue or be expelled from the venue. In this case, the ticket fee will not be refunded and the member cannot claim any compensation.
13. The member's membership number and rights of membership can be used only by the respective member. They cannot be used by, transferred to, or inherited by a third party.
2. For the purposes explained to members, the member's personal information may be disclosed to cooperating companies, associate companies, and outsourced companies who have all signed a confidentiality agreement with Amuse. (Includes the personal information sent to the credit card company for a payment from the member, orders for tickets, etc.).
Article 4 (Restrictions)
Members are prohibited to engage in the following activities:
(1) Any activity running counter to Article 1's purpose.
(2) Auctioning, reselling, transferring ownership, or renting any benefits (free or paid) received by members. They include the members-only right to buy advance tickets, tickets, merchandise, and other members-only benefits. Setting a pledge or security interest.
(3) Selling or transferring ownership of your membership number and password, using a fictitious name, or changing your name improperly. Allowing a third party to use your membership number and password.
(4) Conducting commercial or profit-making activities in the Club. Or conducting political or religious activities in the Club.
(5) Unauthorized copying, reprinting, and redistribution of the artist's works, Club newsletter, or original goods.
(6) Any activity that infringes or degrades the property, reputation, trust, privacy, portrait rights, publicity rights, or profit rights of the artist, a member, Amuse (including affiliate companies in the same group) or the Club. This includes any activities that may infringe or degrade any of the above.
(7) Any activity for infecting Amuse (including affiliate companies in the company group) or Club's website with a computer virus or harmful program.
(8) Any act violating any laws or regulations of Japan.
(9) Contacting or requesting a meeting with the artist or Amuse (including affiliate companies in the company group).
(10) Slandering the artist, Amuse (including affiliate companies in the company group), or a third party (including other members), thereby defaming the party's reputation and trust or causing a loss in profits. This includes any activities that may cause the above result and any other acts of nuisance (including posting on the Internet and social media).
Article 5 (Terminating a Membership)
If the Club deems that any of the following applies to a member, the Club can terminate that member's membership.
(1) The member does not remit the membership fee for another year of membership by last day of the last month when the current membership expires. In this case, the membership will be terminated automatically. (The member can check the membership expiration on the member's information page.)
(2) The member's registered information has been confirmed to be false.
(3) The member was found to have been expelled from the Club in the past.
(4) The member engaged in a prohibited act listed in Article 4 or violated any other items in the TOU.
If a member loses his or her membership, the membership fee shall not be refunded.
Article 6 (Change in Services)
The Club may change the membership benefits and other services without notice.
Article 7 (Stoppage of Service)
Amuse may suspend or interrupt the service without notice due to system maintenance, natural disaster, power outage, or other unforeseen event.
The Club may revise the TOU without notice. Members shall be informed of the revised TOU as specified in Article 2, Item 10.
Article 9 (Disclaimers)
1. The Club shall not be held liable for any loss or damages incurred by the member upon using the Club unless Amuse is responsible for the loss or damage.
2. If the member does not apply for an offer before the deadline as notified by the Club, the member shall forfeit the right to apply for it. (This also applies if the deadline passes while the member neglected to check the notification in time.)
3. If the member fails to pick up the ticket in time for the specified performance date, the ticket will become invalid and no refund will be issued.
4. The Club shall not be held liable for any problems with using the service due to the fault of the user.
5. If Amuse finds it difficult to continue operating the Club due to the artist's state of activities or other circumstances, it may dissolve all or part of the Club.
6. If item 5 above occurs, the Club shall inform the members and issue a partial refund of the membership fee based on the number of months remaining in the membership period starting with the month after the month when the Club is to be dissolved.
Article 10 (Governing Laws and Resolving Disputes)
1. The TOU shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan.
2. If there is a dispute between the Club and a member not covered in this TOU or which is subject to interpretation, it is to be resolved in good faith upon discussions between the Club and member.
3. If a dispute needs to be resolved in court, the Tokyo District Court shall serve as the court for the initial trial.
Contact address for TOU
FUKUYAMA MASAHARU OFFICIAL WORLD FANCLUB [BROS.+]